Are you wondering why your dental website is getting unusual traffic but not getting that many calls or appointment bookings? or are you looking for ways to increase the number of conversions you get on your website? In this article, we’ll talk about the importance of dental call to action ideas and how to use them for your website.
What is a Call To Action?
Call to action (CTA) buttons are typically found on every business landing page, encouraging page visitors to take action on your website. It is one of the dental marketing strategies available to professional doctors like you.
The primary goal of CTA is to assist you in achieving the goal of your dental website (e.g., to increase bookings, receive more calls, or subscribe to your monthly blog posts) and to direct potential clients on what to do next after navigating your dental website.
If it’s not present on your website, people are most likely to leave without taking action and look for other dentists. In fact, 47 percent of websites have straightforward call-to-action buttons that visitors can see in less than 3 seconds. That’s why you should never miss out on creating a strong call to action button which we will discuss in a while.
Want to know the types of pages that should be on your dental website? Check out our blog about Essential pages for dental websites to learn more.
Interested in setting up a CTA button but don’t know where to start?
Importance of Call to Action for Dental Practice Websites
Call to action buttons are one of the essentials in every dental practice’s website as it motivates your audience to take action either to call you, submit a contact/patient form, or schedule an appointment.
Adding this to your dental website’s service pages helps improve user experience and guides those who have no idea what to do next. It also removes confusion knowing that these buttons are available on your website. Therefore, giving them a sense of direction in their booking journey. It is especially useful for those landing on your page from Facebook, Google, TikTok, etc ads.
It’s a win-win situation because it helps the site visitors have a smooth transaction and at the same time helps your dental clinic will get more patient calls and scheduled appointments by adding CTA buttons. Consider promoting your clinic for competitive dental services keywords.
Now that you know what CTA is and how important it is in every dental website, here are the features that every CTA button must have:
Top Features of Dental Call to Action Buttons
1, It must be eye-catching
Use colors that highlight your CTA button among the rest of the text on your page so that it will catch the attention of your prospective patients.
Note: Don’t use the color you are using as the background of your website or else, your call to action buttons will not be that visible.
When it comes to formatting, two factors should be considered when creating an eye-catching call to action button: (1) size and (2) color.
(1) The size should not be so large that it takes up the majority of the text space, nor should it be so small that page visitors cannot read the text inside the buttons.
(2) Make use of contrasting colors. Examine the background of the page before deciding on the color of the CTA button. If you have a light background, the buttons should be dark, and if you have a dark background, use light colors for the background. This way, the button will catch the attention of your page visitors and they will not have to search for it.
Like in this example, you can see that the color that was used in the call to action button makes the button stand out, grabbing the attention of any page visitor.
2. Personalize your CTA buttons
Aside from creating call-to-action buttons, you should also consider relevant phrases to go well with them so that visitors to your dental website will be convinced to schedule an appointment with your dental clinic. Just keep in mind that the text within the buttons should not be longer than 5 words. So, make the most of the less important but more impactful words in your call-to-action buttons.
In this example, the call to action button used consisted of only two words “request appointment” but it has the ability to persuade interested patients to request an appointment with this dental clinic because of the text that was indicated before the CTA button.
3. Proper placement
Call to action buttons are typically located on your page’s right side, or immediately after a brief explanation of why they should call you or book an appointment with your dental clinic.
It should be visible enough so that page visitors do not have to search for buttons on the dental practice’s website before taking action. If these buttons aren’t placed in places where potential patients expect them to be, they’ll leave your site and go to other dentist websites that have these CTA buttons instead.
Here’s a good example of a properly placed call to action:
4. Sense of urgency
Adding words like “now”, “today”, and “limited time only” after the action and/or ending the phrase of your CTA with an exclamation point (!) creates a feeling of urgency which eventually persuades potential clients to visit your dental office.
Like in this example:
Want to know more about creating an effective CTA? Here are 10 Proven Tips To Create Eye-Catchy Call To Action
Need help in creating effective call-to-action buttons for your dental site?
Effective Dental Call To Action Ideas
Call to action buttons goes well with a catchphrase that evokes the emotion of your webpage visitors. Here are some examples:
- Request an appointment
- This is used to make it easier for patients in setting an appointment in getting dental treatments. In just a few clicks, they have their appointments set up.
- Limited time offers dental benefits
- Setting a time frame for the benefits of your dental services, makes the patients think and act quickly within a time period, or else, they will miss out on the opportunity of getting discounted fees.
- Using coupons is another strategy that you can use when creating a call to action button as it attracts people to know that they will receive incentives when they avail of coupon codes.
- Subscribe to dental blog posts
- Adding this to one of your call-to-action buttons is a good idea also because it gives your patients first dibs on the latest articles that are relevant to your clinic.
- Just like coupon codes, people are also attracted to dental services that offer discounted rates. In this example, the call to action was linked to the image.
- Read more/ Learn more
- This leads potential customers to a page that has more information about the services they are looking at. Adding this to your call to action buttons is useful if the invites them to read more about the service you are offering.
- Contact Us
- Adding a “contact us” button also helps in getting a lot of calls because this way, people no longer manually input their contact number, instead, all they have to do is click the “Call Us” button, and their call will be redirected to your dental clinic.
- Remain in contact by using dental newsletters or sending emails to your patients. You could also link your Facebook, Instagram, and other social media accounts/pages where people can reach out or visit.
- Patient Forms
- Adding this call to action button also makes it easier for potential customers who are planning to get their dental appointment in your clinic. When this CTA is used, there’s no need to use the logbook when they are booking an appointment with your clinic because their info is already saved in your digital database.
Aside from using a call to action, you also have to make sure that your dental website is mobile-friendly. Check out our blog on Why Dental Clinics Should Have Mobile-Friendly Sites to learn more.
Call to action buttons are important for dental websites because they help you get more patients and clinic visits. There are a lot of things to consider when creating a dental call to action button, but as long as you incorporate the things we mentioned earlier, it will be a huge success for your dental website.
Want us to create call-to-action buttons for your dental website?