Are you looking for a guide that will teach you how to set up CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads? If yes, then this article is the one you are looking for! In this blog, we’ll walk you through the steps on how call-tracking software will help you make the most out of your online marketing efforts.
But first, let’s define what CallTrackingMetrics is.
What is CallTrackingMetrics?
CallTrackingMetrics allows you to choose tracking numbers that can be used internationally by business owners around the world. It has a lot of useful features starting from tracking leads, monitoring which among your ad campaigns are effective, managing your calls, and a lot more!
Want to get started with CallTrackingMetrics but don’t have time to do it?
How to add a new account in CallTrackingMetrics
Before integrating Google Ads with your CallTrackingMetrics Account, you must first create a sub-account in CTM.
- To do that, go to https://www.calltrackingmetrics.com/
- Let’s say you already have an existing CallTrackingMetrics account. Login with your account details.
- On the upper portion of CallTrackingMetrics, click the drop-down arrow beside the account and click “all accounts.”
- On the upper right portion of the page, click “new account.”
- Here you’ll have to enter the “client’s name” for the account name.
- Click “Add new billing information” along with entering the credit card details given by the client.
- After indicating all the details needed, click “Invite the client to enter payment details.”
- Next, type in the new account name, along with their email address, and after that, click the “send account signup email” button.
Having trouble adding an account on CallTrackingMetrics?
Creating a form in CallTrackingMetrics
- On the left menu/panel of CallTrackingMetrics, click “numbers.”
- Next, click flows, then under forms, click “FormReactors.”
- You have to set up tracking and receiving numbers before you can create a form.
- Going back to the left menu/panel, click “numbers” and then “tracking numbers.”
- You can choose any phone number but usually, we use the area code of the client’s location.
- If you can’t find a number that starts with the same area code, click “search” every few minutes. But, if it keeps on showing that there are no available numbers you can send a request number by:
Step 1: Go to numbers -> click buy numbers -> click the button that says “request a number”
Step 2: Fill up the request form.
Step 3: Indicate the area code of the phone number you are looking for.
Step 4: You’ll receive a confirmation email from CallTrackingMetrics about your request.
Note: Usually, it takes a few days before they grant your request. Once approved, they will notify you by sending an email.
Once you completed the set of numbers needed, it’s time to set up your purchased numbers.
For Google Ads, you have to set up three numbers for “Google Ads“, “Ad extensions“, and “Landing pages.” and enter the client’s original number in the receiving and web target number section.
For the Ad extension and landing page, enter the client’s original number in the receiving number.
Not sure what numbers to buy?
What to do if you want to delete recently purchased numbers?
You might want to delete your recently purchased numbers either because the client wants a phone number that goes along with their area code or if you requested a number but they restocked for the area code you are looking for before they responded to you your request.
To delete the numbers you have in your tracking list, follow these steps:
- On the left menu of CallTrackingMetrics, click “numbers.” Then “tracking numbers.”
- On the left side of the tracking number you wanted to delete, click “edit.”
- Then, click the “Release Tracking Number” button.
- A pop-up will ask you to confirm if you really want to release the tracking number you previously selected. If you’re sure. Click the “release number” button.
Need help to choose the right number for your business? Call us!
Integrate CTM with Google Ads
When you integrate CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads, tracking calls that lead to conversions is made easier. Aside from that, it serves as an additional tool in letting you know which among your keywords are most likely to get calls or costs you a lot of money. Therefore, you can make some changes without spending a lot of time analyzing which is which!
To integrate CTM with Google Ads, follow the steps below:
- On the left panel of the menu section in CallTrackingMetrics, under “configuration“, click “integrations.”
- Then, click the “settings” button under Google Ads.
- Click again the “settings” button but this time, the one under the Google Ads for Direct Connect.
- Switch user to your account that has access to the client’s Google Ads account. Then, click the “link another manager account” button.
- Under the CallTrackingMetrics Account section of the customer mapping, click the drop-down arrow and find the right account for the client.
- Make sure that boxes for “attribution” and “conversion” are checked as well as the “from preset” box.
- When done, click “update account mappings.”
In some cases, it might show “no data available in the table.”
If that happens, it means that the account you linked doesn’t have managerial access to the client’s Google Ads account.
Don’t yet have a Manager account? The next section of this article will guide you.
How to Create a Manager Account
- In creating a manager account, the first thing you have to do is go to https://ads.google.com/home/tools/manager-accounts/
- Then, click “Create a manager account.”
- For the account display name, indicate a name for your ad manager account. In this case, let’s enter “Your agency – Your name”
- Next, you have two options to choose from for the primary use of the account. Since we are handling more than one account, click “Manage other people’s accounts.”
- Choose the country you are working with for the billing country. In this case, let’s choose the United States.
- For the time zone, use GMT-07:00 Los Angeles time as the company standard.
- Make sure the currency is US dollars.
- Double-check. Then, click “submit.”
- Click “Explore your account.”
Congratulations! You have successfully created a Manager account.
Now, you can start linking the Google Ads account you are handling.
How to link existing Google Ad accounts
- Click the menu of your Manager account. Followed by “settings“, then “sub-settings.”
- Next, click the “+” button
- Choose “link existing account.” You can manually enter the client’s Google Ads ID number individually or in bulk.
- When you’re done, click “Send a request.”
- Note: Double-check the Google Ads ID number you indicated because, after this step, the client/ you will have to accept the request via Google Mail. The Google Ads ID number can be found in the upper right corner of a Google Ads account page.
- Once the confirmation email is received via email, click “Accept the request.” It will redirect you to the client’s Google Ads account and you also have to manually click “accept.”
- Another pop-up will appear to confirm if you want to grant access to that account. Click “grant access.”
- Now easily monitor and make some changes on the Google Ads account that is linked to your Manager account.
- Going back to CallTrackingMetrics, click “switch user.”
- Then, select the Manager account you recently created.
- Click “Switch users.”
- Click the drop-down arrow and choose the right name of the client according to the client ID number. After that, click “update account mapping.”
Now that you’re done linking ad accounts, next is editing the call trigger in CTM.
How to edit Call Trigger in CallTrackingMetrics
- Under the conversion section, click “triggers.” This will automatically open a new tab.
- Click the word “edit” that can be seen on the left side of the Trigger name “Google Ad Calls.”
- Scroll down, and switch on “trigger for all activities.”
- Then, click “save changes.”
- Check if the “workflow” section looks like this:
- If it doesn’t, copy the rules above.
- Again, scroll down and double-check if the Google Ads Account ID number is accurate. Refer to the client’s ID number by looking at the upper right corner of their account.
- When you’re done, make sure to click “Save changes.”
Setting up tracking sources
Since Google Organic, Google My Business, and Website are the three tracking sources assigned for SEO follow the steps below:
- On CallTrackingMetrics menu, click “numbers” followed by “tracking sources” and “dynamic numbers.”
- Click “new tracking source.”
- Click the “preset” button. Then, choose “Google Organic.”
- Switch on the onsite (dynamic)
- Click “save changes.”
- Repeat steps 3-5 for Google My Business and Website.
Want to create a manager account but don’t have the time?
How to Add CTM number to Google My Business
This step is for clients who also wanted to track their Google My Business Profile.
- You must request access to the client’s Google My Business Page or Profile.
- On the left menu, click “info.”
- Click the pencil button on the right side of the existing number of the client’s Google My Business profile.
- Replace the primary phone number with the CallTrackingMetrics’ Google My Business number and add the client’s original number as the “additional number.”
- When you’re done, click “apply” to save the changes you made.
- Don’t forget to go check if the number you indicated was approved by Google.
Setting up CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads may be a long process but if you use our guide, it will be a lot easier. Just be reminded that before integrating CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads you must have a manager account or else, you won’t be able to finish setting it up.
Do you find this article helpful? Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below!
1 thought on “How to set up CallTrackingMetrics with Google Ads – A Step-by-Step Guide in 2023”
Great Article! Let us know if there’s any cobranding opportunities for us to work together.