What is Google Ads?
Google Ads is one of the best advertising platforms that businesses like your podiatry clinic can use to improve your visibility on search engines like Google. In fact, more than 80% of businesses use Google Ads in running their PPC campaigns. So, if you haven’t created ad campaigns for your podiatrist clinic, you’re probably missing out on your potential customers!
Below is an example of a podiatrist ad from Google’s Search Results Page.
You might be wondering, Why Google Ads for Podiatrists?
Since Google is one of the most viewed websites around the world, promoting your podiatry services on this platform will help you get high-quality traffic. With its massive reach, you’ll have higher chances of showing up on a potential customer’s search results page.
Another reason why you should consider using Google Ads is that it’s an effective way of bringing in new customers to your podiatry clinic. This advertising platform allows you to choose specific criteria for your target audience. For example, if you want to target a specific age range, location, and keywords that you want your podiatrist ad to show up, you can do that by customizing your targeting options.
Lastly, you’ll get measurable results. Google Ads provides reports about the performance of your podiatrist ads over time. This includes the number of clicks your ads got, the number of forms submitted by potential customers, your ad’s impression rate, and a lot more!
In addition to that, they will also provide you with suggestions on how you can improve your ad campaigns to get the best results.
Interested in Google Ads for Podiatrists but don’t have time to create ad campaigns?
How To Setup Google Ads for Podiatrists
In this section, we’ll walk you through the steps of creating ad campaigns for your podiatry clinic.
First, log in to your Google account. Then, go to https://ads.google.com/home/ and click “Start now.” It should look something like this:
Switch to “Expert Mode” so that you’ll have full access to the tools for creating ad campaigns for your podiatry clinic.
For the objective, choose “Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.”
Then, click “Search” as your campaign type.
Select the results want to get out of your podiatry clinic’s ad campaigns. If you choose website visits, you’ll have to enter your website’s URL while if you choose phone calls, you’re going to add your clinic’s contact number.
After providing your essential details, click “Continue.”
Then, create a name for your podiatry clinic’s ad campaign. To proceed with the next step, click “continue.”
Under Networks, uncheck both “Display Network” and “Search Network.” This allows you to focus on promoting your ads on search engines.
Then, you’re going to choose your target location. Click “enter another location” and enter the specific location that you want to target.
Under “Target“, select “Presence: People in or regularly in your target locations.”
Under “Exclude,” select “Presence: People in your excluded locations (Recommended)”
Then, choose “English” as the language that most of your target audience use.
Next, you’ll now set the average daily budget you have for your podiatrist ad campaign.
The next step is about identifying what you want to focus on. From the drop-down menu, choose “clicks.”
Then, check the tiny box that says “Set a maximum cost per click bid limit” and set your maximum CPC bid limit.
Note: Your CPC will depend on your specific area and the keywords you are targeting. Use Google Keyword Planner to find the estimate of what you should set your CPC to.
Click “Show more settings” and under “Ad rotation” click “Do not optimize: Rotate ads indefinitely.” This gives all of your podiatry ads equal chances to be displayed.
To proceed with the next step, click “save and continue.”
After that, you’ll set up your podiatry clinic’s ad groups. For the ad group type, select “Standard.”
Create a name for your ad group.
Under the keywords section, you can enter the URL of your podiatrist website to scan for relevant keywords or enter the services that you advertise to get more keyword suggestions.
Then click “Get keyword suggestions.”
You can also enter your target keywords using different match types to control which search queries can trigger your ad to show up.
Then, click “Save and continue.”
In the next section, you’ll start creating your ad copy. To start with, enter the Final URL of your podiatry clinic’s website.
Under the “Display path” create a URL slug that suits the content of your podiatrist ad.
Then, start writing your ad headlines. You can write up to 15 headlines for each ad copy.
After writing your headlines, you can now start writing your ad descriptions. You can write up to 4 variations of these for each ad copy.
On the right side of the page, you’ll see the mobile and desktop previews of your podiatrist ad.
You can also add sitelink extensions to your ad campaigns for better visibility on the Search Results Page.
This is an example of a podiatrist ad using a site link extension:
After creating your ad extensions, click “save.”
Then, you will see an overview of your ad copy along with the name of the ad group you recently created, and your target keywords.
Click “Save and continue.”
Enter your payment info. This includes your billing country, time zone, account type that will be used, card details, and zip code.
When done, click “Submit.”
There will be issues that you might want to fix before running your podiatry clinic’s ad campaign. After fixing them, click “Publish campaign.”
Congratulations! You just finished creating your first podiatrist ad campaign! Most ads are reviewed within one business day. Once your ad got approved, it will now be visible on your potential customer’s search results page.
Need help creating ad campaigns for your podiatry center?
Google Ads Best Practices for Podiatrists
Now that you have an idea of how to set up ad campaigns for your podiatry clinic, here are some tips on how you can make the most out of your podiatrist ads.
1. Use ad extensions
On the search engine results page, advertisements with ad extensions consume more space compared to regular text ads. The wider space your ad takes, the more likely you get the attention of your potential customers. With that, it’s best to use different ad extensions for your podiatrist ad.
Aside from site link extensions, other types of ad extensions you can use are the following:
- Structured snippets extensions – used to highlight specific aspects of your podiatry services
- Call extensions – used to make it easier for your potential customers to call your podiatry clinic
- Price extensions – used to give your potential customers an idea of how much your podiatry services costs
- Callout extensions -used to highlight the benefits that your podiatry services provide
- Location extensions – when clicked, it’ll redirect a potential customer to your clinic’s exact location on Google Maps
- Promotion extensions – used to highlight ongoing promos on your podiatry clinic
2. Create a negative keywords list
Negative keywords consist of search queries that are irrelevant to the services offered in your podiatry clinic. The main reason why you should create a negative keywords list is to prevent your podiatrist ad from showing up on search terms that will not convert.
For example, if you see that your podiatry clinic’s ad shows up on search terms like “podiatry school,” you might want to add that to your negative keyword list since you’re only offering podiatry services to patients who are experiencing foot, ankle, and leg conditions, not training sessions to aspiring podiatrists.
How to find negative keywords for your podiatrist ad using the Search Terms Report
- On your Google Ads dashboard, scroll down to “Keywords.”
- Click “Search terms.” Then, a list of search queries that triggered your ad to show up will appear along with relevant data such as the number of impressions, interactions, and conversions your ad got from a specific search query.
- Check the box beside the search term that you want to add to your negative keywords list.
- Then, click “Add as a negative keyword.”
Just be reminded that you have to be very careful when adding negative keywords because if you add too many of these, it might limit the visibility of your ad campaigns.
Check out our blog on How to Increase Conversions Using Negative Keywords to learn more tips for creating your negative keywords list.
3. Improve the quality of your podiatrist ads
Your ad strength is determined based on how relevant your ad is, how effective your landing pages are, as well as the expected click-through rate. While you’re creating your ad copies, you’ll have an idea about your ad’s strength because there’s a gauge that will serve as your guide in creating effective ad copies. Something that looks like this:
Tip: Aim for an ad strength that’s either “Good” or “Excellent.”
You should also check out your ad’s optimization score. This can be found under the “Recommendations” section of your Google Ads dashboard. It contains suggestions on how you can improve the performance of your podiatrist ad campaigns.
Ad quality score is another metric that helps you understand whether your ads and landing pages are useful to a potential customer and in comparison to your competitors. The score ranges from 1-10.
These are the elements that determine your podiatry clinic’s ad quality score:
- Ad relevance – refers to how well your target keywords match the content of your ads
- Expected click-through rate – refers to how likely your ads will be clicked by your potential customers
- Landing page experience – refers to how relevant the content of your landing page is to your target keywords
Another tip that can help you improve the quality of your podiatry clinic’s ad is by using relevant keywords. In this section, we’ll show you how to find relevant keywords using the Google Ads Keyword Planner.
- Go to “Tools and Settings.”
- Under “Planning” select “Keyword Planner.” You’ll have two options for finding relevant keywords it’s either discover new keywords or Get search volume forecasts.
- When you click “discover new keywords,” you can either start with keywords or start with your podiatry website.
- Discover new keywords
- Start with keywords
- Enter the services offered in your podiatry clinic. Then, click “Get results.”
- It’ll show you a list of relevant keywords along with useful data such as the average monthly searches, the level of difficulty in ranking for that keyword, and the top of the page bid. Something like this:
- Start with website
- Enter your website URL. Then, choose if you want to use your entire podiatry website to scan relevant keywords. After choosing, click “Get results.”
- Then, after scanning your website, it’ll show you a list of relevant keywords based on what they found on your podiatry website.
- Start with keywords
- Get search volume forecasts
- Enter your target keywords (one per line or separate them by using a comma). Then click “Get started.”
- After that, you’ll see the average monthly searches, three-month change in the search trend for that keyword, YoY change, and top-of-the-page bid (low and high range).
4. Test your ad campaigns
You can also run experimental ad campaigns if you want to A/B test your podiatrist ads. Here, you can test different elements such as the ad extensions used, the length of your ad headlines as well as the variations of your ad descriptions to see which is more effective in bringing in more new podiatric patients.
What’s great about creating draft campaigns is that it can help you visualize your ad campaigns without affecting the performance of the current ad campaigns you have for your podiatry clinic.
Here’s how to create draft campaigns:
- On your Google Ads dashboard, scroll down to “+ Show more.”
- Then, click “Drafts.”
- Select “New draft.” You can choose a campaign where you can create your draft campaign.
- Create a name for your draft campaign. This is optional, but you can also add a description along with your draft campaign.
- Once you’re done, click “save.”
- After that, go back to “drafts” so that you can make changes to your podiatrist campaign.
5. Optimize your landing pages
To maximize the effectiveness of your ad campaigns, another thing that you should never miss out on is improving the quality of your landing pages. Here are some tips on how you can optimize your podiatry clinic’s landing pages:
- place the important parts of your page above the fold
- use scarcity tactics
- use a simple, clear, and recognizable call to action
- make sure that your contact details are visible
- test the headlines of your landing page
- include testimonials from your previous customers (to help potential customers decide)
- implement exit pop-ups on your landing page
Having a hard time understanding concepts while creating ad campaigns for your podiatry clinic? Check out our blog about the Google Ads Glossary to learn more.
Need help optimizing your podiatrist ad campaigns? Our digital marketing experts are here to help!
Google Ads Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Once your podiatrist ads start running, you have to regularly check their performance to know if you are achieving your advertising goal. Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) consist of metrics that give you an idea about how well your podiatrist ads are working.
Here’s a list of KPIs that you should keep an eye on:
- Click-through rate (CTR) – refers to the percentage of ad views which results in clicks (measures how many people clicked on your podiatrist ad)
- Conversion rate – refers to the percentage of individuals who completed an action on your website (after clicking on your podiatrist ad)
- Cost per click – refers to how much each click on your ads costs
- Cost per conversion – refers to how much each conversion (on your podiatrist ad) costs
- Impressions – refers to how often your podiatrist ad is shown in relevant search queries
- Average position – refers to how well your podiatrist ads are performing compared to your competitors’ ads
- Return on ad spend (ROAS) – refers to how much money you generate out of your podiatrist ad campaign
Google Ads is one of the most effective ways in marketing your podiatry clinic. Not only will it help you get quick results but it can also help you get more new customers through its targeting capabilities and by showing your ad to individuals who are looking for podiatry services.